A Career With ODI
Senior Delivery Manager
Location: King’s Cross, London
Salary: £44,000 per annum
The Open Data Institute (ODI) was co-founded by two visionary leaders: Sir Tim Berners-Lee, the inventor of the web, and Sir Nigel Shadbolt, renowned AI professor. Our mission is to work with companies and governments to build an open, trustworthy data ecosystem, where people can make better decisions using data and manage its harmful impacts. We help our partners to inform decisions, drive efficiencies and create opportunities using data
The ODI works with governments, NGOs and commercial enterprises all over the world. We deliver advisory, training and research and development services, encompassing public policy, business strategy and technology. Our programme of work is busy and constantly changing. We are committed to producing work at a very high standard and delivering measurable value to our partners and clients.
About the role
The ODI recently launched a new programmatic structure and we are looking for an experienced Senior Delivery Manager to help to manage the delivery of one of the programmes. The ideal candidate has experience of working in Agile with cross-functional teams and is comfortable in a fast paced, collaborative and flexible working environment.
The successful candidate will work directly with the Programme Lead to support the delivery of the programme, as well as some of the clients’ projects within the programme. This role will be focused on delivering programme and project level requirements, with a particular focus on overseeing and aligning with processes, delivery tools, resourcing and financial requirements across the different work streams within the programme. You will be responsible for project management and collaboration tools, ensuring their best usage across the team.
Impact you’ll own
- Manage the delivery of an ODI programme.
- Manage delivery across several projects with cross-functional teams that include consultancy, research, technology, innovation and policy expertise. You will ensure that projects are delivered to agreed goals, on time and on budget.
- Focus on the quality of output and how the work we do best reflects the values of the ODI.
- Clear monitoring and reporting to clients (monthly, quarterly and annually), including programme level deliverables and KPIs and work with the finance team to comply with any relevant auditing activities.
- Undertake financial tracking, budgeting and reforecasting.
- Working with delivery leads to ensure effective management of procurement and contracting.
- Monitoring effectiveness across the project workstreams and providing administrative support where necessary.
- Manage the delivery of high-value client projects (£1m+).
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities, e.g. retrospectives, delivery team meetings.
- Develop and maintain collaborative and positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders through effective communication and engagement.
- Champion agile ways of working.
- Take a leading role in implementing new delivery systems across the organisation (Asana, new project delivery systems).
- Support the Head of Delivery with drafting ‘how to’ documents and delivery guides.
- Coach and mentor delivery managers, and where applicable, take on line management responsibilities.
- Help onboard new Delivery Managers, and support their induction on ODI delivery systems.
- Assist with the adoption of good delivery practices and agile processes across the ODI.
- Look for ways to streamline delivery processes across the ODI to minimise administrative tasks and focus on delivery.
What you bring
- Experience of delivering projects (ideally technology/data ones) end-to-end, on time, on budget and to a high quality.
- Good understanding of, and experience with, project planning software and a range of cloud based technologies.
- Enjoys collaborative working, flexible structures and an open office environment.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to short deadlines.
- Ability to multi-task and move quickly between projects through effective prioritisation.
- Organised and with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to apply a diversity and inclusion lens and approach to work.
- Cares about the mission and goals of ODI.
- 2-year Project Management experience.
- Experience of working in the public sector and/or with SMEs and start-ups.
What you will get
- 5% contributory pension
- 30 days annual holiday pro rata
- Life Assurance cover
- Long-term disability cover
- Critical illness cover
- Flexible working
- Coaching and mentoring for skills and personal development
- £750 annual training budget toward your own professional development