Welcome to our Brand Ambassador programme
Our brand ambassadors play a crucial role in representing our brand and sharing our message with followers and our community. The goals of our brand ambassador program are to actively involve our community, increase brand awareness and expand our organisation’s reach and support across the world. Our community audiences are black women already in tech, and black women looking to get into tech. We also aspire to inspire more black women and girls to get into tech. We are looking to expand in Europe and the rest of the world.
Our Purpose, Vision and Mission
Our vision is to normalise black female excellence. We actively build bridges of opportunities in tech by enabling black female talents to excel and companies to have access to black women of talent. Our mission is to inspire, support, and connect the tech sphere to allow more black women to excel and tech companies to perform better through diversity & inclusion. We elevate black women to inspire black women and young black girls to put themselves forward to new opportunities so they can change the dynamic in the tech space.
Brand ambassador options
We believe that success is better when achieved as a community. This is why we created our brand ambassador to allow you actively to support us. You volunteer your time in exchange for the opportunity to give back, raise your profile in the tech industry, raise for speaker profile and represent our GTA Black Women In Tech brand.
Regional brand ambassadors:
If you are looking to start a new chapter or co-lead an existing chapter, the regional ambassador role is for you. Our regional ambassadors represent GTA Black Women In Tech within a specific city or country. You will be in of charge the:
- Leading and selecting your brand ambassadors
- Participating in events and public appearances on behalf of the brand
- Promoting activities within your region to community and non-community members through social media, in-person events, and other channels. You are required to post, on your regional LinkedIn page, 4 posts per month minimum. Prepare your programme of events and activities at least 2 months in advance so we can review and approve them.
- Creating regional events with the support of the UK head office team. You are required to run 1 event, online or in-person, every quarter minimum. The UK head office team will support you in providing marketing and event collaterals to run your activities smoothly.
- Select a list of schools to which The Voices In The Shadow book can be distributed to.
- Providing feedback and insights about your region to the brand about members’ opinions and preferences.
- Maintaining accurate records of all activities, and efforts related to brand activities and providing quarterly reports.
To co-lead an existing chapter, your application will be reviewed by the existing regional leads and UK headquarter. If no co-lead roles are available, simply start as a brand ambassador. To launch a new chapter, you need to identify in your city or country 50 Black women in tech who can be part of the launch campaign.
If you are looking to support without leading, this brand ambassador role is for you. Our brand ambassadors represent GTA Black Women In Tech within a specific city or country. You need to choose two activities per year or more if you wish:
- Support regional brand ambassadors with event organisation and social media. You are required to support two events minimum per year.
- Promote the brand and its activities to the public through various channels, such as social media, in-person events, or online communities. You are required to support two events minimum per year.
- Speak, moderate or support event organisation; in-person and online events. You are required to support two events minimum per year.
- Support with research/report activities to inform and drive awareness and reduce the inequality for black women in tech
- Representing us in schools/colleges by promoting the work we do and The Voices In The Shadow books
How do we support you?
To help you successfully lead or support the growth of your chapter, we will provide you with our chapter growth step-by-step guide, online support and regional meetings with other ambassadors.
Brand ambassador guidelines:
As a brand ambassador, you will be expected to follow these guidelines:
- Maintain a strong understanding of the brand’s values and messaging, and consistently represent the brand positively and professionally.
- Share or reshare one social media post minimum per month featuring GTA Black Women’s activities, along with a personal message or story.
- Support two GTA Black Women In Tech events per year.
- Follow all brand guidelines, including using approved hashtags and tagging us in your posts. Request marketing and design template assets to the UK head office team.
To qualify as a GTA Black Women In Tech brand ambassador, you must:
- You must be active on social media.
- Be passionate about our brand and its message.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills.
As our brand ambassador, you will receive the following benefits:
- After 6 successful months as an ambassador, receive your brand ambassador pack
- Your profile will be added to our website with a LinkedIn link
- Add your brand ambassador position to your LinkedIn profile to raise your credibility
- Priority access to our on-invite-only events
- Speaking and moderating opportunities at our events
- Represent and speak at external events on behalf of the brand
- Attend The Voices In The Shadow Festival with a VIP pass
- Receive a copy of The Voices In The Shadow book to celebrate every year as our ambassador. You need to complete 6 successful months as a brand ambassador
How to apply:
To apply to become a brand ambassador, please fill out the application form at [insert link] and include a brief explanation of why you are a good fit for the program.
We look forward to receiving your application and potentially welcoming you to the GTA Black Women In Tech brand ambassador team!
- How long can I be a brand ambassador? You can remain an ambassador as long as you complete the minimum requirements to stay on the programme.
- Is it paid? No this is a volunteer programme that has been created based on demand from our community.
- Can I be involved across various chapters? Yes, you can but don’t take more than you can handle.
- Do you provide any marketing and design support to launch a chapter? Yes, our UK head office team will support you with setting up: your email address, and your LinkedIn page. We also create all your marketing collaterals such as PPT templates, social media templates, newsletters and more. The UK head office creates everything brand and marketing assets but you are in charge of your communications and event topics and planning.
- Do I need to pay for anything myself? To run or participate in a chapter, there are no financial requirements as the UK head office team will support you.
- How do I get started? You will need to complete the ambassador application here. When approved, you will then sign your ambassador agreement so you can get started. You should be able to start within 5-21 working days.
- Can I recommend brands to work with us? Yes, you can and we provide an introductory commission for any brand that chooses to work with us as a result of your referral. If you bring a brand specifically to your chapter, the budget remains allocated to your chapter and part to the admin and marketing activities carried out by the UK head office.
- Is there a general code of conduct to sign up for as an ambassador? Yes, it will be made available after you have been approved as an ambassador.
- Can my ambassador status be revoked? Yes if you do not comply with the duties, bring the brand into disrepute or there is a conflict of interest.
- Who to contact if I wish to stand down from the ambassador role? Contact your regional ambassador and UK head office point of contact.