A Career With Sproutl
Senior Front End Developer
Location: London (we are a remote-first company, with co-working space in Uncommon’s Borough Offices)
Salary: £75,000 – 90,000
Plants grow people. That’s the way we see it. From the moment you first put your fingers into soil. Your life changes. Mind calmer. Body stronger. A little spot to call your own. At Sproutl, we believe that gardening should be open to all. Who cares if you’ve never picked up a trowel before?
This is gardening made easy.
To us, a garden can be as small as a windowsill or a tiny rented patio. (Though a 1 acre plot is fine by us too). Your first wonky carrot. Sweet peas in a jar by the bed. This is life-changing stuff. A lifelong love affair between you and nature. That starts the moment you plant something.
About the role
We are looking for a Senior Front End Web Developer with a passion for building beautiful and highly usable web experiences. We’re on a mission to deliver a best in class customer experience in an industry ripe for amazing UI/UX. You will be at the heart of making that happen. This is a chance to leave your mark and bring positive change in the world.
Working closely with our Creative, Design and Product teams, you’ll be building responsive web experiences to help our customers discover, learn and shop for whatever they need for their garden. We’re brimming with ideas and we need your help to make them happen.
We run a modern stack and aren’t afraid to change what’s not working. Some of the things we’re using: Typescript, Next.js, Vercel, Cypress, Jest, Storybook and Apollo.
Impact you’ll own
- Development of beautiful and highly engaging experiences across our entire front-end.
- Helping drive the technical evolution of our front-end platform.
- Supporting the team in creating scalable solutions to help deliver our growth targets and improve Sproutl as a whole.
- With your brand, design and product colleagues, bring your significant experience to bear in helping shape the roadmap.
- Assuring the quality of our front-end across the full spectrum of devices, browsers and OSes. We have a high bar for quality and want it to show in everything we do.
What you bring
- Fluency in React and knowledge of frameworks such as Next.js.
- Experience building design systems with a high attention to detail.
- An understanding of basic e-commerce principles and best practices.
- An understanding of strictly typed languages such as Typescript or similar.
- Strong understanding of the importance of accessibility and building UIs in an accessible manner.
- Experience in one or more headless CMS (e.g. Sanity, Strapi, Contentful) and e-commerce platforms (e.g. commercetools, Big Commerce, Magento).
- A strong data-driven mindset, with a working understanding of web analysis tools such as Lighthouse, Google Analytics etc.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Driven and motivated to improve everything at Sproutl, we encourage change and constant improvement across everything we do.
What makes you stand out
- Experience with, or a desire to learn, React Native.
- Experience with GraphQL APIs on the client with tools such as Apollo Client or Relay.
- Experience building web APIs and integrations with third-party systems.
- Experience with setting up Google Tag Manager and integrating the dataLayer.
- Experience in running A/B and multi-variant experiments and testing user flows with automated tooling.