Breaking ‘The Black Glass Ceiling’
Why this programme matters:
- Only 1.5% of senior positions in UK businesses are held by black people
- Black women face a double burden of racism and sexism to reach the top
- Solaris aims to shatter ‘The Black Glass Ceiling’ – empowering black women professionals to advance into senior management, the C-suite and to board level
- Founded by Yetunde Hofmann – former FTSE 25 Global HR Director, CIPD Director, IBE Board Trustee, Visiting Fellow at Henley Business School, TEDx speaker and author
- Developed by black female executives for black female executives – providing role modelling, a strong network, mentoring, sponsorship, coaching and creating a talent pool to contribute to organisations’ achievement of diversity and inclusion goals globally
Launching in April 2021, Solaris is a pioneering leadership development programme for black professional and executive women – empowering black women to break through ‘The Black Glass Ceiling’.
The one-year programme develops the confidence, resilience and skills required to achieve career targets, personal and professional goals. In addition, it builds a strong professional network for black women.
The leadership development programme aims to help tackle the inequality at management, CEO and board level. It helps organisations to become more inclusive at every level and generate a strong internal talent pool of black women.
The programme – internationally renowned speakers, mentoring and mastermind sessions
The programme’s diverse range of speakers includes directors and professors from some of the world’s foremost business schools and universities. This incudes London Business School, University of London and University of Michigan.
The programme includes:
– In person group learning sessions
– Virtual mastermind support and challenge group sessions
– Individual business challenge solutions and action learning
– Career development series with industry leaders
– Delivery against a commercial business and a personal development objective – Peer-to-peer networking
– One-to-one mentoring with a senior business leader
Solaris is championed by executive search consultancy Sapphire Partners. They are recognised by the UK Government’s Department of Business, Innovation and Skills for the work they do to promote women non-executives. They are leading the way in ensuring more diverse candidates are promoted and hired.
Click Here to find out more
Yetunde Hofmann – founder of Solaris
Yetunde Hofmann is an executive leadership coach, global diversity and inclusion expert, entrepreneur, board member, TEDx speaker and author.
Hofmann has had a fast-paced career in FTSE 100 and global companies, as Global HR Director of a FTSE 25 company, and now founder of renowned leadership consultancy Synchrony. She has worked in and with organisations such as Unilever, E.ON, L’Oréal, Barclays Africa (ABSA), GSK, Poly, Croda and Henley Business School, and is now on a mission to help other black women break the black glass ceiling.
She believes 2021 is the year we need to stop talking and start acting. We need to start investing in black women, start moving them up the career ladder, start mentoring and sponsoring them. So, in April 2021, Yetunde is launching Solaris.
Yetunde is a TEDx speaker and successful business author. She is the Non-Executive Director of Treatt Plc, Board Trustee of the Institute of Business Ethics (IBE), Non-Executive Director of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) and Visiting Fellow at Henley Business School.
For further information about Solaris, or to request an interview, comment or article from founder Yetunde Hofmann, please contact:
Name: Emma Preece
Phone: +44 1497 288 018