A Career With Sky's The Limit
Discover Sky's The Limit
Location: Remote ( London preferred, other UK locations considered)
Salary: £50,000 – 60,000+ (depending on experience)
The ideal profile of the candidate
The Country Director will be responsible for supporting STL’s global operations – and primarily, our work in the UK. You will work with STL’s global team and be responsible for building and managing a team in the UK and beyond. STL has a flexible working policy, allowing for individual efficiency and scheduling. Please note that initially, you would be working closely with our existing team that is mostly based in the US.
We’re driven by results. As such, you will be evaluated on clearly identified key performance indicators (KPIs). These include:
- quantity of signups and quality of entrepreneur and volunteer relationships;
- engagement rates between volunteers and entrepreneurs;
- the business progress of entrepreneurs; and
- the development of relationships with external partners.
You will be responsible for:
- Working collaboratively with the STL global team to organise a successful launch of Sky’s the Limit in the UK.
- Liaising with the Executive Director in the UK to pitch donors and partners and secure funding (including overseeing grant applications) – and to build relationships with other organisations, including charities.
- Working closely with the global team to implement STL’s flagship corporate partnerships programme, Impact Teams, including recruiting volunteers, hosting virtual (and potentially in-person) interest meetings, volunteer events, volunteer training, team-building workshops, and more.
- Creating and managing strategic partnerships with other organisations (e.g. Startup Loans UK) that increase the opportunities available to and the impact of STL’s work on underrepresented young entrepreneurs.
- Supporting UK Trustees in collateral creation, documentation, follow up and scheduling.
- Researching, coordinating, documenting, and managing a robust CRM (Salesforce) of readily available quantitative and qualitative information about potential donors, partners, and prospects.
- Managing end to end execution of the revenue process for individual giving, including processing, tax receipts, knowledge/file management, executive-level, and campaign-level reporting, and coordination of donor segment perks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Coordinating with STL’s Member Experience and Partnerships teams to onboard and support (via in-app messaging, email, video chat, and potentially in-person) entrepreneur and volunteer members of Skysthelimit.org, including matching support, event support, etc.
- Working with STL’s global team to grow the community of young entrepreneurs and volunteers in the UK through both digital and non-digital channels, including managing communication targeted at STL’s UK partnerships and working towards growing the community organically.
You will also have:
- Strong desire to succeed, self-driven and a willingness to learn and for hard work
- Generalist skillset, entrepreneurial mindset and attitude
- An ability to work well with others and in a team (including working from a remote environment)
- 5+ years of experience after collegiate education, preferably with experience in the field of marketing, business development, fundraising, or program management
- Exceptional presentation skills both virtually and in-person
- Exceptional research skills and competitive analysis
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal and experience in project management
- Understanding of fundraising pipeline tools (e.g. Salesforce or other CRM) and analytics a plus
- Digitally fluent, especially in Google Suite (Docs/Drive/Slides etc)
- Fluency in English (proficiency in other languages, particularly Spanish, will be considered an asset)
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and innovate effectively in a fast-paced, unstructured entrepreneurial environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Personable and interacts well with co-workers, and partners
- Strong intellectual curiosity, entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrated commitment to social change