A Career With Matillion
Location: Remote / UK / Option for flexible work pattern
Salary: To be discussed
Matillion technology turns every business into a data business. Our low-code data integration platform helps modern teams ingest, enrich and synchronise their data across a variety of cloud platforms. Leading companies like Slack, Cisco, and DocuSign trust Matillion to help them transform operational data into useful information at enterprise scale.
We’re backed by top Silicon Valley investors and recently closed a $150M Series E in September 2021 for a total amount of $250M raised in 2021. Our investors include current and former backers of other leading enterprise data companies like Databricks, Informatica and Mulesoft.
As Snowflake’s 2021 data integration partner of the year and a winner of Databricks’ 2021 ISV Innovation Award, our product strategy and engineering execution is continuously recognized as best in class by a rapidly growing ecosystem of technology partners.
With dual headquarters in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado, and an expanding hybrid culture, we are looking for passionate, high-integrity individuals to help us scale up our rapidly growing business.
About the role
We are now looking for a Data Engineer to join #TeamGreen in the UK. The role can be based from our Manchester-HQ, or remotely across the UK or Ireland.
The Data Insights Team is the Financial, Planning & Analysis function within the wider Matillion finance team and this role sits firmly within this fast-paced, dynamic environment as the Company embarks on a process of VC backed rapid scaling.
This role is intended to support the existing team with the design, development and ongoing support of our Data Integration projects and Enterprise Data Warehouse that supports reporting, monitoring and analytics to the wider Data Insights team and business.
Impact you’ll own
- Working with the wider business to capture business logic requirements and implementing these as technical changes using Matillion ETL.
- Investigating issues with reporting/business logic in existing ETL projects and produce documentation on findings and changes made.
- Monitoring overnight data refreshes, rerunning ETLs and general data warehouse monitoring.
- Working closely with the Data Visualisation and Analysis functions within the Data Insights team to communicate progress, design decisions and delivery expectations.
- Work with the Data Architect on trialling new technologies, approaches, and processes to improve service availability and speed of change delivery.
- Maintain business logic and technical implementation documentation.
What you bring
- Experience with implementing complex data warehouse logic with a sophisticated ETL tool in a CDW environment.
- Experience with capturing business logic requirement from different business units and able to translate these into a technical implementation.
- A detail focused approach to data changes and experience with different data related testing techniques.
- Experience with data related AWS services e.g. AWS Glue, S3, RDS, etc.
- Experience with working in a collaborative, fast paced data team
What you will get
- A culture that promotes work life balance
- Company Equity
- Access to mental health support
- 25 days holiday that increases to 30 after 12 months service + bank holidays
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life Insurance
- Career development with monthly hackdays and access to a Udemy account
& much more!