A Career With Matillion
Location: Remote / UK / Option for flexible work pattern
Salary: To be discussed
Matillion technology turns every business into a data business. Our low-code data integration platform helps modern teams ingest, enrich and synchronise their data across a variety of cloud platforms. Leading companies like Slack, Cisco, and DocuSign trust Matillion to help them transform operational data into useful information at enterprise scale.
We’re backed by top Silicon Valley investors and recently closed a $150M Series E in September 2021 for a total amount of $250M raised in 2021. Our investors include current and former backers of other leading enterprise data companies like Databricks, Informatica and Mulesoft.
As Snowflake’s 2021 data integration partner of the year and a winner of Databricks’ 2021 ISV Innovation Award, our product strategy and engineering execution is continuously recognized as best in class by a rapidly growing ecosystem of technology partners.
With dual headquarters in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado, and an expanding hybrid culture, we are looking for passionate, high-integrity individuals to help us scale up our rapidly growing business.
About the role
We are now looking to add a Software Engineer to #TeamGreen based in the UK. This role can be based out of our Manchester HQ or sit remotely across the UK and Ireland.
Matillion is built around small development teams with responsibility for specific themes and initiatives. Each team is a mix of engineers with various levels of skills and experience. The Software Engineer works within a team to write, test, and release new features and fix problems in the Matillion products.
Impact you’ll own
- A Software Engineer is expected to spend almost all of their time hands-on in the production of software for Matillion products.
- Work alongside senior engineers to refine and break down stories to levels implementable by development.
- Development and improvements in confirmation testing (unit test, API test, automation, etc.)
- Research projects, including prototyping, to explore future opportunities.
- Investigate new technologies.
- Optimise the development process through use of automation, in-house and open source solutions
Self Development and Growth
- Develop new skills by working with other members of the team.
- Work with the Team Lead and Manager to identify training goals.
- Partake in technical discussions within the team.
- Actively identify and complete opportunities for self-training and external training.
- Contribute to the team’s process of continual improvement.
- Responsive support to the customer-facing colleagues.
- Analysis of logs to identify issues and provide solutions.
What you bring
- Demonstrable Java programming ability with some understanding of underpinning techniques.
- Object Oriented Design and Programming Understanding of Databases and query languages (SQL).
- Experience of writing tests to a level of production code, using JUnit.
- Redshift, Snowflake, BigQuery, GWT, Maven, Jenkins, Linux, Scripting for CLI, CICD, tool automation, etc.
- Agile methodologies such as Kanban and Scrum.
- Desirable – Amazon Web Service, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure knowledge.
What you will get
- A truly flexible and remote working culture
- A culture that promotes work life balance
- Company Equity
- Access to mental health support
- 25 days holiday that increases to 30 after 12 months service + bank holidays
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life Insurance
- Career development with monthly hackdays and access to a Udemy account
& much more!