A Career With Matillion
Senior Front End Engineer
Location: Remote / UK / Option for flexible work pattern
Salary: To be discussed
Matillion technology turns every business into a data business. Our low-code data integration platform helps modern teams ingest, enrich and synchronise their data across a variety of cloud platforms. Leading companies like Slack, Cisco, and DocuSign trust Matillion to help them transform operational data into useful information at enterprise scale.
We’re backed by top Silicon Valley investors and recently closed a $150M Series E in September 2021 for a total amount of $250M raised in 2021. Our investors include current and former backers of other leading enterprise data companies like Databricks, Informatica and Mulesoft.
As Snowflake’s 2021 data integration partner of the year and a winner of Databricks’ 2021 ISV Innovation Award, our product strategy and engineering execution is continuously recognized as best in class by a rapidly growing ecosystem of technology partners.
With dual headquarters in Manchester, UK and Denver, Colorado, and an expanding hybrid culture, we are looking for passionate, high-integrity individuals to help us scale up our rapidly growing business.
About the role
We are now looking to add a Senior Front End Engineer to #TeamGreen based in the UK. This role can be based out of our Manchester HQ or sit remotely across the UK and Ireland.
Matillion is built around focused development teams with responsibility for specific products, themes and initiatives. Each team is a mix of engineers with various levels of skills and experience. The Senior Front End Engineer works within a development team to write, test and release new features and fix problems in the Matillion products with a focus on the front end deliverable.
Impact you’ll own
- A Senior Front End Engineer is expected to spend most of their time hands-on in the production of software for Matillion products.
- Discuss, establish and maintain the front end solution, including good software design, framework selections and direction of the codebase.
- Solve almost any type of problem with little supervision.
- Provide engineering options, with unbiased pros and cons to meet problems shared by the business.
- Develop UI according to mockups following UX guidelines.
- Work with the team to refine and break down stories to levels implementable by development.
- Work with members of the business teams to ensure customer-centric development of features.
- Develop and improve the confirmation testing strategies (unit test, integration testing) using suitable front end testing libraries.
- Code reviews for team and other teams.
- Research projects, including prototyping, to explore future opportunities
- Investigate new technologies
- Optimise the development process through the use of automation, in-house and open source solutions
- Responsive support to the customer-facing colleagues.
- Analysis of logs to identify issues and provide solutions.
- Proactively engage with customer-facing colleagues to avoid exposing Matillion customers to issues
- Develop new skills by working with other members of the team
- Work with the Team Lead and Manager to identify training goals
- Lead and partake in technical discussions within the team
- Actively identify and complete opportunities for self-training and external training
- Drive the team’s process of continual improvement
What you bring
- A track record of delivering software features into production
- Experience of at least one of the following cloud technologies: Amazon Web Service, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure knowledge
- Solid understanding of Software Development Life Cycle
- Experience of design and integration with backend technologies, such as REST APIs, Websockets, GraphQL utilising suitable data structures and stores
- Demonstrable experience with CSS (including SASS or SCSS), using modern standards such as BEM
- Agile methodologies such as Kanban and Scrum.
- Inquisitiveness- digging into problems and solutions to understand the underlying technology
- Autonomy – ability to work on a task and solve problems independently
- Motivation – sets personal challenges and constantly looking to stretch themselves
- Problem solving – recognition of problems and recasting difficult-to-solve problems in order to find unique and innovative solutions
- Integrity – honest and transparent in dealing, open to voice and accept criticism, is trustworthy and builds credibility through actions
- Detail focussed – pays attention to the details and can make a conscious effort to understand causes instead of just the effects
- Big picture aware – understands the scope and impact of a problem or solution
What you will get
- A truly flexible & remote working culture
- A culture that promotes work life balance
- Company Equity
- Access to mental health support
- 25 days holiday that increases to 30 after 12 months service + bank holidays
- 5 days paid volunteering leave
- Health insurance
- Life Insurance
- Career development with monthly hackdays and access to a Udemy account
& much more!