We’re looking for an iOS developer to help us to continually build the Yoto iOS app.
Nice to meet you.
Yoto puts kids in control of an inspiring world of audio.
Our screen-free audio players let kids listen, learn and play at their own pace. All while making sure they’re safe to explore what inspires them.
The award-winning Yoto Player launched in 2020, just before the big you-know-what. Now you can find it on play mats, kitchen counters and bedside tables all around the world. Yoto Mini, our portable player, launched in late 2021 and is already accompanying kids on some incredible adventures. The Yoto Card Store has more than 700 titles from some of the world’s best creators, publishers and labels. We also create Yoto Originals.
Yoto App Team
– We look after the Yoto apps, building out new & exciting features to continually delight our customers
– The apps are designed to support parents giving them access to their whole library, enable them to make their own content and and set player settings
– We’re a small team of 5 including UX and a Product Manager but we’re focused and fast paced, working in a Kanban environment
– Everybody is encouraged to have a voice and influence the product direction
– Our stack includes Swift 5, Auth0, Alamofire, Kingfisher, Espressif, Crashlytics, Firebase, Bugfender, Bitrise.io CI, XCUITest
What you’ll be doing
– Write clean and robust code following good development principles (SOLID, DRY, KISS, YAGNI)
– Use TDD incl. unit, integration and end-to-end tests and be prepared to write tests for all feature delivery
– Set up and maintain CI/CD flows
– Get involved in architecture, standards and tooling decisions
– Take part in researching, estimating and prioritising features for the roadmap
– Work with the Player OS and Platform teams to deliver features
What you’ll need
– Native iOS development experience
– Understanding of iOS app development design patterns and native iOS APIs
– Understanding of MVVM, MVP, MVC etc.
– Experience consuming 3rd party APIs and familiarity with standard authentication mechanisms (OAuth/Auth0)
We’re a small team so you’ll get a chance to play with plenty of different things all the time – bonus points for any experience or desire to dig into any of the following:
– Device testing in the cloud (Firebase, Bitrise etc.)
– Android development (Kotlin)
– Cloud based infrastructures (AWS), serverless development
– SQL and/or NoSQL database experience
– Experience with popular IoT protocols (RFID/NFC, Bluetooth/BLE, WiFi, MQTT)
– Web development (HTML & CSS/Sass/pre/post-processor tools, React.js, etc)
– iOS CarPlay
– Understanding responsive design principles, speed optimisation techniques, web standards, accessibility
– (Big) data processing and analytics, AI/machine learning
– Pub/sub, message queuing protocols
– Media streaming and audio processing (codecs, live streaming, normalization, etc)
What we offer in return
– Generous EMI share options – we’re all invested in Yoto’s success
– Hybrid working with a choice based approach (we would love you to come into the office once a month, and more)
– Yoto player and starter pack of cards
– 2x volunteer days a year
– Central London office in Kings Cross • A collaborative tech-focused creative environment
– Annual company retreat, Yotofest
Salary: competitive and based on experience
We’re a Series A tech company with a well-funded and fast-growing international team.
Our offices are in London and New York, and in 2022 we’ll be expanding further into Europe.
We have in-house expertise in hardware and software, technology development, product, marketing, commercial and retail.
We’re excited to build and develop a tight-knit and energetic team to help make Yoto the next great family brand!
Yoto spans the kids’ audio, tech, entertainment and edtech industries, and our products have won awards in innovation, play and education categories. Time Magazine even named Yoto Player one of the Best Inventions of 2020.
Our Card Store includes 700+ titles from the world’s best rights-holders including Disney, Penguin Random House, Mattel, Harper Collins and Sony Music. We also produce our own Yoto Originals, often with award-winning collaborators.
Flexible working and autonomy are key to life at Yoto. We support working parents because we know that life and work need to work together. And just as we share audio content from a diverse community of creators, we also strive to build an inclusive team. Our passionate D&I group raises new voices, beliefs, and perspectives to help everyone at Yoto feel heard.