Senior Director, Product Management
Website https://twitter.com/PlayStation Sony Interactive Entertainment | PlayStation
PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
About the role:
As the Senior Director of Product Management for Playstation Studios Live Service team, you will be part of the Leadership Team and Strategy Core driving change and continuous improvement for Playstation’s live service business. Leading, building and managing a team of highly skilled Product Managers, as well as providing continuous evaluation and improvement of Project Managers in Playstation Studios, you will be responsible for maximising the business performance of our Live Services games.
You will report to the Head of Live Services, and will be able to work remotely and / or from our office in Soho, London.
What you will be doing:
- Define and be responsible for performance against business critical metrics, building and evolving business models across multiple platforms.
- Manage studio level Product Management teams, defining best practices to identify core performance drivers and foster innovation.
- Identify opportunities for product performance growth, influence key stakeholders, and drive initiatives to a successful outcome.
- Advocate for studio level Product Manager needs to the wider SIE organization.
- Help teams prioritize roadmaps in collaboration with creative and product leadership to ensure we are delivering the right features to players.
- Partner closely with marketing and sales functions to deliver successful strategies and plans to meet product performance goals.
- Work collaboratively with the Playstation Studios Live Service Team, creating a lasting culture of shared learning and experimentation.
- Define the success metrics and business reporting, interpreting data and translating it into a cohesive and clear product strategy.
- Use data to effectively communicate and educate the team on the performance of the games and opportunities for growth.
- Actively contribute and be close to the games industry, innovation, and best practices
- Partner with the digital marketing and CRM teams to drive in-and out-of-game improvements to the business.
What we are looking for:
- Proven leadership and track record in product management or business performance in the live service games over a number of years and games.
- Seasoned people leader with several years experience in running, mentoring, leading and inspiring highly skilled teams.
- Strong business acumen with strategic and analytical capabilities, using data to drive strategy and business decisions.
- Ability to lead complex operational and strategic change initiatives.
- Good understanding of statistics and strong quantitative skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills to partner with multiple teams including marketing, game development, team leadership.
- Vision and ability to see the bigger picture and translate it into innovative initiatives.
- Expertise and a wealth of knowledge of industry trends and the competitor landscape
- Passion for live service MMOs and a solid understanding of the industry
- Discretionary bonus opportunity
- Hybrid Working
- Private Medical Insurance
- Dental Scheme
- 25 days holiday per year
- On Site Gym
- Subsidised Café
- Free soft drinks
- On site bar
- Access to cycle garage and showers
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Click here to apply