Schools/Universities Relationship Ambassador
Organisation: GTA Black Women in Tech
Location: UK, Ireland, France or Germany
Type: Volunteer Position
The Schools/Univerisities Relationship Ambassador is a vital member of the GTA Black Women in Tech team, responsible for cultivating relationships with educational institutions. This role involves arranging school visits, conducting sessions with students & school leadership, and facilitating partnerships to encourage Black girls’ participation in technology.
- Arrange School/Univerisity Visits:
- Coordinate and schedule visits to schools and univerisites, bringing Black women from the GTA community (The women featured in The Voices In The Shadow) network to share their stories & experiences in the tech industry.
- Work with educational administrators, principals or librarians to organise engaging and informative sessions.
- Conduct Sessions with Schools and Universities:
- Deliver sessions on work, our interactive history map, tech careers, emphasising the opportunities available and providing insights into the industry.
- Inspire and motivate students, particularly young women, to pursue careers in technology.
- Research and Identify Potential Partnerships:
- Identify and research educational institutions that align with the organisation’s mission.
- Explore potential collaborations and partnerships with schools for various initiatives.
- Collaborate with the Research Support Ambassador:
- Work closely with the Research Support Ambassador to gather information on schools, potential partners, and relevant educational programs.
- Communication Skills: Strong interpersonal and communication skills to effectively engage with school administrators, educators, and students.
- Public Speaking: Comfortable and experienced in public speaking, particularly in educational settings.
- Networking: Ability to build and maintain relationships with schools and educational institutions.
- Passion for Education: A genuine passion for promoting education and empowering students, particularly women, in pursuing careers in technology.
Commitment & requirements:
This volunteer position has a moderate time commitment, involving regional event attendance, monthly meetings, and collaboration with local ambassadors.
- Complete 1 school visit per quarter and 1 online education session with school principals, teachers and librarians
- Attend, as a representative of GTA Black Women, 1 tech event every quarter to make new relevant connections to support our vision & mission. (GTA Head office can provide a list of key events to attend)
- 1 hour a month to meet your regional ambassador and team of ambassadors
- Ad-hoc support your team of ambassadors as necessary
- Opportunity to lead and contribute to the growth of GTA Black Women in Tech
- Recognition as an ambassador for the organisation.
- Exclusive invitation to our annual ambassador celebration event hosted in December
- Profile feature on our website
- Raise your personal brand profile
- Receive your ambassador package (Mug & T-shirt) upon completion of your commitment and requirements
- Get a copy of The Voices In The Shadow’s latest book volume during the festival
- Receive a VIP pass to access the festival for free
Interested candidates are invited to submit a 3-5 min video outlining their relevant experience and motivation for applying to firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to receiving your video. Please upload your video on Google Drive and send us a link that the team can open without restrictions.