Organisation: GTA Black Women in Tech
Location: UK, Ireland, France or Germany
Type: Volunteer Position
The Regional Ambassador is a leadership position responsible for leading strategic activities, representing the organisation at regional events, and overseeing the delivery of monthly activities of ambassadors within their designated region.
- Act as a Spokesperson at Regional Events:
- Represent GTA Black Women in Tech at regional events, conferences, and networking opportunities.
- Serve as a spokesperson, promoting the organisation’s mission and values.
- Lead Monthly Chapter Ambassador Activities and Meetings:
- Take the lead in organising and facilitating your monthly ambassador activities & meetings
- Collaborate with local ambassadors to ensure the successful implementation of activities.
- Collaborate with Local ambassadors:
- Work closely with local ambassadors to align activities with the overall goals of GTA Black Women in Tech.
- Provide guidance and support to ensure effective implementation at the regional level.
- Leadership Skills: Strong leadership qualities with the ability to motivate and guide a team.
- Communication: Excellent verbal and written communication skills to represent the organisation effectively.
- Organisational Skills: Effective organisational and planning skills to oversee regional activities.
- Ambassador Networking: Ability to build and maintain relationships with local partners and ambassadors.
Commitment & requirements:
This volunteer position has a moderate time commitment, involving regional event attendance, monthly meetings, and collaboration with local ambassadors.
- Lead your team of ambassadors with the support of GTA head office
- Attend, as a representative of GTA Black Women, 1 tech event every quarter to make new relevant connections to support our vision & mission. (GTA Head office can provide a list of key events to attend)
- 1 hour a month to meet your team of ambassadors
- Quarterly meeting with the GTA head office
- Moderate 2 events per year
- Ad-hoc support your team of ambassadors as necessary
- Opportunity to lead and contribute to the growth of GTA Black Women in Tech at the regional level and demonstrate your capabilities as a leaders
- Exclusive networking opportunities with industry professionals and local stakeholders.
- Recognition as a key ambassador for the organisation.
- Exclusive invitation to our annual ambassador celebration event
- You will be recommended for paid keynote opportunities
- Profile feature on our website
- Raise your personal brand profile
- Receive your ambassador package (Mug & T-shirt) upon completion of your commitment and requirements
- Get a copy of The Voices In The Shadow’s latest book volume during the festival
- Receive a VIP pass to access the festival for free
Interested candidates are invited to submit a 3-5 min video outlining their relevant experience and motivation for applying to firstname.lastname@example.org We look forward to receiving your video. Please upload your video on Google Drive and send us a link that the team can open without restrictions.