Organisation: GTA Black Women in Tech
Location: London, UK
GTA Black Women in Tech is a global community based in London, dedicated to supporting and empowering black women in the tech industry. Our mission is to inspire, support, and connect black women in tech with opportunities to excel while enabling companies to have access to black women of talent. We partner with companies to improve diversity at all levels and advise them on embedding inclusion and diversity into their organisations. Our activities aim to run in parity of individuals to change mindsets and create new opportunities.
This is a part-time hybrid role for a Marketing Assistant located in London, with flexibility for some remote work. However, we meet twice a week in our office in Dulwich. The Marketing Assistant will be responsible for assisting with communication, market research, customer service, sales, and marketing. Day-to-day tasks include managing social media accounts, creating and executing marketing campaigns, conducting market research, responding to customer inquiries, and supporting sales efforts.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience conducting market research and creating marketing campaigns
- Customer service and sales experience, with the ability to build and maintain relationships with customers and clients
- Knowledge of sales and marketing strategies and techniques
- Comfortable with social media management and digital marketing
- Experience with email marketing campaigns and platforms
- Organisational and multitasking skills, with the ability to meet deadlines
- Knowledge of diversity and inclusion principles is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, or related field
A bit about you:
- You are a people and not afraid to start a conversation or join a conversation
- You’re passionate about brand, meeting or beating deadlines and the impact they can have on delivering results. And hopefully, this brings out your inner geek desperate to get out.
- Friends say you’re easygoing, likeable and always smiling. And you no doubt as a good laugh and conversation made entirely of funny gifs.
- Being people-focused comes naturally to you; you can spot and understand other people’s needs quickly and adapt to them quickly.
- Confidence in sparking up conversations with new people is given to you and you’re not phased by rejection or a cold response.
- You’re organised, keep a tidy working environment and like to be on top of the details of your work, but you can also elevate your thinking to see the bigger picture.
- Accountability and delivering results get you out of bed in the morning, keep you focused and achieve your goals is rewarding for you.
- Above all, you care about your work and you’re here to build a career that will set you apart from everyone else in your class.
- 14-16 days of holiday (inclusive of bank holidays PLUS bonus days at Christmas)
- We are closed from Christmas to New Year
- 9-5.30 office hours with flexibility
- Pension contribution per annum
- Learning budget for up-skilling
- Team socials/events
- Career progression with salary reviews every year
- Monthly training credit
- Commission on new business
- Referral bonuses for successful placements within the agency
- Salary bracket 12-15K + Bonus performance
How to apply:
Thanks for applying for the part-time marketing assistant role with GTA Black Women in Tech.
Can I kindly ensure you have checked the key requirements for this role: You often meet in London for strategic and creative plans, and we run events in London and abroad. This is a part-time position for now but likely to convert to a full-time role. You have no visa requirements for the long term. If you are happy with all the above, please continue reading.
We love working with individuals from diverse backgrounds and seeing them grow.
In order to move to the interview stage and final stage, we have two requests for you.
- Question 1: Look at our social media.
If you were running our Instagram and LinkedIn socials. What will do to improve our follower growth and engagement? Please create a few social media posts to present your idea. PS: The way you present your answer will also matter. A PowerPoint presentation is a must.
- Introduce yourself – Send us a 2-minute video explaining why you would like to work with GTA Black Women in Tech
Important: You can send your work within 5 working days.
Email your work to firstname.lastname@example.org