About the company
LAIIER makes wireless connected printed sensors that install like tape and detect leaks, occupancy, and more. We’re building a Surface to Cloud™️ Industrial IoT solution that is uniquely easy to install and scale in the smart building and smart facility. Our Surface to Cloud Industrial IoT sensor platform addresses critical use cases in the smart building, starting with liquid leaks, liquid level, moisture detection, and much more. We solve real problems, with real products and big customers.
We’re looking for people who are passionate about bringing themselves, their technical expertise and their ideas to the table. You’ll work collaboratively with other disciplines in our enthusiastic and generous team. It’s infectious and you can be a part of it. Sound exciting? Get in touch.
Are you an Electronic Engineer keen to shape a growing business? A problem-solver, who is analytical and data-led, with a love for detail and ability to keep an eye on the bigger picture. LAIIER is looking for a strategic thinker who is passionate about their work and eager to learn. Someone who thrives on creating new products and processes, while working with an enthusiastic team of engineers and designers to shape the future of the built environment. You’ll be working directly with individual developers and some of the world’s largest companies.
- Schematic capture, layout, design review, bring-up and debugging of new boards with guidance from the existing team.
- Close collaboration with mechanical, software, and product design teams
- Peer-review PCB layouts before proceeding to manufacture
- Write firmware as required to validate product performance and with guidance also write firmware for deployment in the field
- Debug hardware issues, including signal integrity, power consumption and communication bus performance
- Test and validate all electronic designs including confirming designed performance over temperature and input voltage ranges, SNR analysis and testing edge use cases.
- Design and document tests to achieve product validation clearly and concisely
- Develop electronic prototypes for new product concepts
- Evaluate new product ideas using prototype boards – often involving UART datalogging and post-processing of this data to determine the feasibility and challenges of bringing a new product to market
- Maintaining a strong awareness of emerging trends in electronic engineering to inform product development
- Collaborating with team to develop, mock up, and test prototypes to explore new product concepts and solve design challenges as they come up
- Proactively tracking and experimenting with new technologies and frameworks to improve our products
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
- 3+ years of experience in electronic engineering
- Experience in electronic design, including component selection, schematic capture, board layout and familiarity with tools like SPICE, Eagle, KiCAD
- Strong electronic engineering fundamentals, including analogue building blocks (op-amp signal conditioning, ADCs etc.) and digital peripherals operating over standard interfaces (UART, SPI, I2C etc.)
- Familiarity with embedded firmware development in C/C++ using tools like CMAKE and GCC
- An enthusiastic thirst for knowledge and flexibility to adapt to diverse challenges and derive satisfaction from problem solving
- An ability to see the bigger picture and frame challenges at the appropriate level, solve the root problem with a balanced view to the future
- Ability to manage deadlines and collaborate effectively with wider team.
- Good communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in automated test equipment (ATE) development and the principles of production testing
- Experience in ISM band (433Mhz, 868MHz, 915MHz, 2400MHz) band RF communication, especially LoRa, Bluetooth and WiFi
- Experience in licensed communication bands such as NBIoT
- Knowledge of design and layout strategies for EMC, analogue signal integrity in high impedance systems and low power design
Click here to apply.