A Career With Climate X
Discover Climate X
AWS Solution Architect
Climate X is a purpose-driven climate tech company set to revolutionise a new vertical of climate adaptation software by changing the way the world manages assets, property and infrastructure.
We’ve embarked on an exciting project to build a solution that will let users (individuals with one property or businesses with millions of assets) access our platform to look at future climate pathways to identify
- how their property/assets could be damaged by severe weather events and
- what that damage might do to the asset valuations.
Climate X will save customers millions of pounds, be more resilient to climate change, meet incoming regulatory requirements and make smarter investment decisions.
We work with the UK’s leading climate scientists, AI specialists and financial services professionals.
Last, but not least, we’re feeling very strongly about diversity with founders and existing team members coming from a variety of backgrounds. We’re not building just a team but a place of innovation where brains and fun coexist to address the biggest challenge our society is facing now.
About the role
You’ll be tasked to design and oversee the implementation of the cloud-based Climate X platform hosting our cutting-edge climate, geospatial and econometrical models.
Customers will be able to access services via an online web portal or API for enterprise clients. You will initially manage a tech sub-contractor and gradually build a superstar team in-house, allowing for the roll-out of derivative products.
The role will be trailblazing, challenging but also super rewarding!
Impact you’ll own
- Lead the strategy and its implementation for Climate X’s tech platform – on time and to budget
- Manage our chosen sub-contractors and build an all-star in-house team
- Represent the technological agenda to stakeholders
- Build, manage and optimize infrastructure to satisfy internal financial targets
- Create overall technology standards and practices, as well as governance frameworks
- Track, analyse and monitor technology performance metrics
- Oversee all system design and changes in system architecture
- Keep abreast of new trends and best practices in the technology landscape
- Work closely with the Modelling and Business Development team to define and deliver new products and enhancements
- Take the initiative in thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Identify, compare, select and implement technology solutions to meet current and future needs
What you bring
- Previous working experience as a Solution Architect in AWS environment
- In-depth knowledge of web systems architecture, design and development
- Deployment and monitoring of industry recognised cybersecurity standards across the tech stack
- Ability to work autonomously with fantastic time, budget and project management skills
- Detailed, efficient and proactive problem solver
- Awareness of emerging trends and technologies – be a tinkerer
- Ability to explain complex concepts to non-technical audiences, including enterprise-grade clients
- Hands-on, can-do attitude, great interpersonal skills, and ability to collaborate effectively
- Passion, energy and wit
What makes you stand out
- Previous experience of modelling climate physical risks, including floods, subsidence, droughts, etc.
- Full-stack engineering
- Experience deploying to enterprise-grade clients
- Understanding of the current climate change space and interest in future trends
- Previous experience in successful start-up environments
- Knowledge of machine learning and remote sensing
- Recognised accomplishments in the world of technology