A Career With Climate X
Discover Climate X
Climate X is a purpose-driven climate tech company set to revolutionise a new vertical of climate adaptation software by changing the way the world manages assets, property and infrastructure.
We’ve embarked on an exciting project to build a solution that will let users (individuals with one property or businesses with millions of assets) access our platform to look at future climate pathways to identify
- how their property/assets could be damaged by severe weather events and
- what that damage might do to the asset valuations.
Climate X will save customers millions of pounds, be more resilient to climate change, meet incoming regulatory requirements and make smarter investment decisions.
We work with the UK’s leading climate scientists, AI specialists and financial services professionals.
Last, but not least, we’re feeling very strongly about diversity with founders and existing team members coming from a variety of backgrounds. We’re not building just a team but a place of innovation where brains and fun coexist to address the biggest challenge our society is facing now.
About the role
You’ll be tasked to support the development of Climate X’s geospatial core, together with a superstar team led by an inspiring Geospatial Modelling Lead.
The solution core will be fed with climate projections, remote sensing historical observations and other risk data to model frequency and severity of climate physical risks such as floods, subsidence, storms, droughts etc.
Impact you’ll own
- Development, modelling and continuous innovation of the core geospatial solution
- Identification and standardisation of data required for development
- Testing, validation and benchmarking of the results
- Documentation of all modelling activity
- Participation in product demos with enterprise-grade clients
- Research of geospatial trends
What you bring
- Relevant experience in geospatial modelling, remote sensing, mapping and/or cartography
- Experience leveraging scientific computing/machine learning with Python, R, Matplotlib and/or MATLAB in a cloud environment
- Awareness of emerging geospatial trends and technologies
- Ability to explain complex concepts to a non-technical audience
- Hands-on, can-do attitude, great interpersonal skills, and ability to collaborate effectively
- Passion, energy and wit
What makes you stand out
- Previous experience of modelling climate physical risks including floods, subsidence, droughts, etc.
- Knowledge of radiometry, calibration, computer vision and imaging sensors
- Extensive understanding of the current climate change space and interest in future trends
- Recognised accomplishments in the world of geospatial analytics